168 W. Main Avenue
Gastonia, NC 28052
- PLEASE NOTE: The Queen's Feast specials shown on this website are available during dinner only, unless otherwise noted on an individual restaurant's menu page.
- Located in the lobby of the 105-year-old, fully restored First National Bank of Gastonia, Barrister’s serves approachable, ingredient-driven Southern favorites. The menu is a mixture of traditions much like the restoration of the building. We blend familiar ingredients, Southern scratch-cooking technique, and a little adventure into each of our dishes. Whether you are looking for traditional hand-breaded, fried chicken breast or exotic spice blends, we have something you should try. Barrister’s at The Esquire Hotel is where the past meets the present in downtown Gastonia.
- Standard operating hours are Monday-Saturday, 11 AM-9 PM. We will also open for special dinner service during Charlotte Restaurant Week on Sunday, January 20, and Sunday, January 29, from 5-9 PM.
- $40 per person (does not include tax or gratuity)
- First course (choice of one)
- Crispy Brussels – flash-fried Brussels sprouts tossed in cranberry pepper jam and crushed walnuts
- Barrister’s Caesar - mixed greens tossed in creamy house-made Caesar dressing, topped with shredded Parmesan and croutons
- Barrister’s House - mixed greens in truffle balsamic vinaigrette, topped with roasted sweet potato, sliced apple, Midnight Moon goat cheese, and crushed walnuts
- Second course (choice of one)
- Pork Chop - grilled bone-in pork chop with mashed sweet potatoes, collard greens, and spiced applesauce
- Chicken-Fried Chicken – buttermilk-marinated, hand-breaded chicken breast served over course-ground yellow corn grits with collard greens and cranberry pepper jam
- Salmon – pan-seared, skin-on salmon over carrot puree and Masala rice, topped with sunflower seed pesto
- Dessert (choice of one)
- Brownie a la Mode - warm, dark chocolate brownie served with Tony’s vanilla ice cream and orange caramel topping
- Cheesecake - vanilla cheesecake with honey, lemon & ginger crust, topped with berry compote